1. When you cut yourself, clean and bandage it.
2. Do not start smoking cigarettes because the boy who broke your heart does.
3. When you want to kill yourself, don’t.
4. Cutting calories doesn’t do anything but make you unhappy.
5. If the number on the scale rises, throw it out.
6. The first girl you ever “date” is going to call the police on you even though she lives three thousand miles away, because you’re going to tell her that you’re not in a good mental state shortly after you’ve “broken up”.
7. When you want to kill yourself, don’t.
8. Break up with the boy who says, “You had a sexy phase!” when you tell him that you’ve dated a girl before.
9. Dating your friends is not always the best idea, but you can still be friends after you’ve broken up with her.
10. Your mother will try to become your best friend because you’re leaving for college soon. Let her.
11. When you want to kill yourself, don’t.
12. Your closest friend will stop talking to you when you leave for college.
13. It’s okay to cry.
14. When you want to kill yourself, don’t.
15. When you cut yourself again, clean and bandage it. Do not be ashamed.
16. Your anxiety is going to try and control your entire life. Tell it to shut the hell up, because you’re trying to live and that task is hard enough as it is.
17. The past has a funny way of coming back in the form of you developing a crush on another friend.
18. Try not to hate yourself for breaking up with your boyfriend.
19. If you’re still smoking, apologize silently to your mother.
20. When you want to kill yourself, don’t."
My sentiments exactly
Beer and dessert, that’s a yes! Awesome night with my cousin and his gal! #dessert #beers #family #familytime #relaxing #life #lactosefreeicecream #glutenfreebrownies #yum
I relate to this… talking to people out loud can be so much pressure and I often trip over my words
You laugh as you look over your shoulder and say “wanna fuck me?”
I roll my eyes but somehow your smile still appears to be charming
my rose coloured glasses arming me with some mixed up reality
making everything look strange, rearranged in my head, abstract
In fact, it’s a bit confusing and I feel like I’m loosing my mind
And I can’t find the words to describe how I’m feeling
Head reeling with images disconnected
Thoughts unprotected by my brain, so I am insane enough to trust you
And I don’t know what to do as you thouch my arm
Because, it’s electric
It is amazing how you affect me
Or is just me?
Do I truly believe in this destiny?
Are my thoughts even close to reality?
But…my blood is diluted, polluted with alcohol, so…
I cannot comprehend these questions
I cannot process these thoughts
Too much for a brain that’s cloudy
Too loud and roudy in this room to think
And your touch feels so good
My brain acting like a pin ball machine, I can’t focus
thoughts bounce off my skull
The music a dull roar in my ears
I follow you to escape
Knowing that the activities of the rest of the night aren’t set in stone
At least I’m not leaving here alone and,
You’re a gentleman
Or so I thought
Until I wake up in the morning
Mourning the thoughts of yesterday
Wishing that I could shrink away from the present and go back to the past
But I must face the future
The one where you lay there sleeping
Grin leaping across your face
You look smug
And I lay here undressed
Breasts exposed feeling self conscious
How did flirty exchanges of yesterday lead to this?
You can’t call this bliss or even remotely satisfying
It is simply terrifying how I got here
How I let your smile control me
How I became that girl that gives into temptation
I slid out of bed with precise calculation to avoid the degradation of your stare
Unprepared to give you an explanation for my escape
And I must escape
And tape my mouth shut not to ruin my reputation with this infatuation
But I must endure the walk of shame
But quickly I came to the realization who the fuck said it’s shameful?
Who said I should blame myself?
Who said I should feel guilty or filthy when he doesn’t feel remorseful for being forceful and manipulating
Who said I should sit here blaming myself for my part in this collaboration
I won’t accept this damnation or society’s fixation on blaming women
I will give into temptation if I want to
Because calling it temptation is fucked up
Because there is an expectation that women must, we cannot give into lust
Don’t get called out for exploitation or degrodation
Because they are men
When did this become okay?
That men get high fives for sexual exploration an inflation of their pride
While women must hide or be applied with a label
And denied the right to decide what to do with our body
Next time someone looks over their shoulder and says “wanna fuck me?”
I will say “fuck yes” if I want to
And I won’t feel guilty.
We all need a little awesome in our lives… remember the little things! #positive #happiness #important #awesome #thelittlethings #coffee #goodbook #relaxing #sunshine #girlswhoread